Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bonjourno!

I have been here for four days and I love it already. This place is amazing. The weather is perfect, the base is almost like a resort and the surrounding area is beautiful!


Just yesterday I was waiting for the shuttle and I almost missed it because I thought surely this giant tour-bus wasn't the shuttle I was waiting for. This thing had better seating than the commercial jet I flew here on! Everything I need is in walking distance also. This whole base is within walking distance practically. We have a NEX(walmart-esque store), a grocery store, a food court complete with taco bell, subway, kfc, and a couple other places I can't remember right now, a world class gym, an Applebees, a couple bars, a movie theater, a bowling alley, a bunch of little stores, a library with free wireless internet and a place called ITT that schedules trips around europe! Like to London and Ireland. 

The barracks are really nice also. I'm still in temporary housing until they get me a room to live in, so no phone or internet yet, but the temporary rooms are nice as well. 

Photobucket

I went to a town called Motta Sant'Anastasia(above) with my sponsor, and we went to a restaurant where I had Cannelloni with chicken, and it was so good.  In the background is the active volcano Mt. Etna.

Etna
(a picture from the room I stayed in the first night. Mt. Etna in the back.)

So, needless to say I'm having a blast so far. I haven't even started my 
job yet though. I will be doing all this indoctrination stuff for about three weeks. After that I will be working for American Forces Network, Sigonella. 

AFN!

I'm trying to save up money right now to buy a decent camera. Although my sponsor told me that our shop has one still camera that you can check out. I will look into that later.

Until next time. Ciao!

1 comments:

Lady Knife

You know I was watching Travel & Living and I was thinking what kind of food are you having over there. Must be yummilious! *drool drool* Anyway, will be looking foward to your next post! Good luck on your job!

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP